Facts: Top Security Breaches of the 21st Century
- 2009 - Several US-based enterprises lose valuable intellectual property exploited by the Chinese hackers (CSO Online).
- 2011 - A multi-billion dollar game company loses millions while its website was down for a month after 77 million user network accounts were hacked (CSO Online).
- 2013 - One mass merchandise retailer's cyber-attack impacts 70+ million customers, exposing credit/debit card information, including security pin codes (The Washington Post). And recently, a high-end retailer is the latest victim (CNET).
It is 2014. Is your organization next?The ever-changing, complex, network security landscape makes network management and risk management a monumental task for organizations worldwide. No longer is the case of perimeter defense a de facto standard, which put into question whether or not existing design and deployment models are future-proofed. As emerging threats, both known and unknown, plague the network - enterprise as well as carrier networks - the ability to add layers of defense in real-time, accelerate response, and even better, prevent intrusion from happening in the first place is the new norm.
Defense-in-Depth Network Security - the New Norm
Achieving multi-layer defense in depth is now possible with an architecture that 1) simplifies design and deployment to scale across converged and distributed networks and 2) has carrier class performance. At the same time, threats intelligence can be optimized to accelerate incident detection and response protocols to combat a plethora of multi-dimensional challenges, such as #Next-Gen network, #BYOD, #IoT, #Big Data, #cloud and #virtualization, stress testing the security infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
The New Model's Must Haves
This February, learn from security experts and hear from analyst Jim Frey, VP of Research Network Management at EMA, the must haves of a defense-in-depth model powered by network visibility controller system (aka network packet broker | What is network packet broker?), which are:
- Visibility - 100% end-to-end visibility, any packet, any where, any tool;
- Agility - accelerated security proof-of-concept with simplified deployment and lower OpEx;
- Defense-in-Depth - proactively detect and mitigate security threats AND add defense layers with minimal impact (think investment protection and operations simplicity);
- Scalability - support multiple 1G/4G/10G/100G segments with 1G/10G security tools, maximizing tool's capacity for higher ROI; and
- Service Assurance - complete protection for all security zones and PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA and GRC requirements compliance.
Time is of the Essence. Learn MoreTo gain insights and in depth knowledge of the gaps in existing design and deployment models, learn more about this new model, get answers to common and emerging network pain points, and understand the benefits and successes a major global bank had achieved, join us for a two-part webinar series on BrightTALK: Optimizing Security and Performance Monitoring channel.
- Part 1 - Architecting Defense-in-Depth Network Security for Scalable Forensics, a 45-min webinar with Tony Zirnoon, Sr. Director of Global Security Strategy & Alliances. February 5, 2014 at 10am PT. [Register Now]
- Part 2 - Network Intelligence Optimization for Security Service Assurance, a 45-min panel discussion plus 15-min Q&A session with Jim Frey, VP of Research Network Management at EMA. February 19, 2014 at 7am PT. [Register Now]
EMEA security professionals can also join us at #MWC in Barcelona during that same week at the Fira Gran Via, Hall 6. Complimentary Exhibit Floor Pass is available for those wishing to consult with our experts at Booth 6L50 as well. [Sign Up]
Don't Get Left Behind
Understanding the cyber security arena and the challenges surrounding network security is a top of mind agenda for most C-level executives and IT professionals of all organizations. Don't miss this golden opportunity to gain valuable insights and use cases on proven deployments for FREE. Chances are, your competitors probably already get involved. So what's it going to be? Get ahead or get left behind!